Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Stitches Removed!

Yeah!! And the whole bloody thing took like, 2 secs? All i heard was 'snip snip'. To put it simply:

Me: Helo
Saviour: Helo, jaw numb anot?
Me: No, dun tink so..
Saviour: Great! Open ur mouth, let me take a look.
Me: Ahhhh...(as in open my mouth)
Saviour: Ok, can remove the stitches already, hold ur mouth open for a min.
Me: Ok (my heart was thumping like mad liao)
Saviour: Snip Snip
Me: Eh, will pain anot?
Saviour: Y u everything also scared? Done liao lar

End of story.

Its true!!! Wat my colleagues told me this aftern are all true!!! Wat my frens' colleagues told him are all true too!!! Removal of stitches reali doesnt hurt at all. Sure u feel something but its more like, u noe something is touching ur gum but dats it~

He was quite pleased with himself for not destroying my jaw nerve in the process & gave me a smug look at the end, telling me to better book another appt for another chkup & to make sure i monitor my left bottom wisdom tooth.

And he suggested something which i've thought abt for very long but nv voiced out simply i noe i will nv have the cash for it. U see, ever since my permanent teeth started growing, my left front tooth stood out like a sore thumb cos half of it is very yellow. Its like a patch of something underneath the tooth. No amount of brushing or bleaching will remove it cos its naturally there. Reason being the higher levels of floride in our tap water. My saviour informed me dat some ppl are more prone to it & im lucky to have only one tooth affected. I promptly told him i duno ANYONE who has the same condition as me. He juz shrugged and said dat its juz bad luck & nthing else. He had treated thousands with the same condition as me and many are quite serious. As in, all or most parts of their teeth are stained yellow or brown. And its permanent. There's nothing the person can do. Except of cos, the unlucky fellow can opt to remove the real permanent tooth and replace it with a 'crown'. For me, he can remove only the yellow part & fill it with porcelain.

Im so tempted to do it but guess wats the cost? A freaking bloody $850 for dat tiny piece of porcelain. He happily imformed me dat mine shld cost lesser cos its only a small patch. Im reali NOT comfy with the idea of sawing half my tooth off (esp when there's nothing wrong with it except for the colour) and replacing the loss with porcelain. I duno man, its like having ceramic in ur mouth forever and imagine using ceramic to eat? I duno wat to think~

Still, i would love to have nice healthy teeth. So, im planning to extract my last wisdom tooth (yes, i only have 2 bottom ones thank god!!!) next year. I pray my tooth can hold on till then cos i reali dun tink i can withstand a 2nd surgery (yes, my saviour already informed me dat my other wisdom tooth requires surgery as well) within such a short timeframe. Plus my employer will be reali mad at me for takin so many days MC for for one tooth!!! Hence, my decision to hold on till next year.

And after dat, he wants to see wat else he can do to my teeth. He feels its a pity cos i have very straight teeth (at least for the front lar) but the colour spoils it all. I feel terrified at the prospect of spending a fortune on beautifying my teeth. I duno if its worth the pain in exchange for a nice bright white set of teeth. Long way to go, hence i will forget abt it for all, wuhahaha...(Ok, im very tempted lar).

Anyway, some little pics to share, taken by Ang Kim Hock. Im reali 'impressed' qith his skills. He's the only person i noe who can take such blur pics despite putting both elbows on the railing. Two words, he sucks. And he noes it, LOL.




































Ok, this post was done on 26th July but somehw, i wasen able to upload until NOW loh..zzzz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home